Recent Cleaning Posts
How to Clean Your Carpet and Upholstery with SERVPRO of Lufkin
Our experts are trained and ready to restore your carpet upholstery and restore them to their former glory.
Having a fire or flood in your Lufkin home is never a good time. One of the toughest parts of it all is getting rid of the damaged furniture and personal belongings. So many of these items can have sentimental value to you and there is just nothing that can quite replace it. That is one of the main reasons SERVPRO offers industry leading upholstery cleaning. Whether it is your great-grandmothers old rocking chair that has been in the family for generations, or maybe your child’s favorite stuffed animal, we can help restore them their former glory.
But SERVPRO is not just limited to helping you with fire or flood damage. SERVPRO's carpet and upholstery cleaning service will not only get out the dirt you see, but will also remove the unwanted dust you don’t. A professionally cleaned carpet and furniture may make all the difference in brightening up a room and freshening up your home. However, we do not just stop there. SERVPRO also offers their residential cleaning services to remove any not-so-pleasant odors, truly stopping it at the source and going beyond your average cleaning service.
So, if you have just read this and experienced anything close to it, give the us a call at (936)-559-0404.
PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: #114 SERVPRO Odor and Stain Remover.
#114 SERVPRO Odor and Stain Remover.
SERVPRO of Lufkin/S.Nacogdoches Co. is called to many situations, oftentimes requiring very specific cleaning products to properly mitigate a job.
Fortunately, SERVPRO has its own manufacturing plant for cleaning products, SERVPRO Professional Cleaning Products (SPCP,) which manufacturers all in-house cleaning products for all franchises throughout the United States. One cleaning agent that we use quite often is #114 SERVPRO Odor and Stain Remover.
SERVPRO of Lufkin/S.Nacogdoches Co. is called to many jobs were urine or biomaterial that has infiltrated a home or commercial business. Using #114 SERVPRO Odor and Stain Remover, our technicians are able to eliminate odors and stains that may have been caused by urine, feces, vomit, spilled food, skunk, perspiration or other organic material.
If you need our services ore would like to learn more about the wide array of SERVPRO products we use in-house, feel free to contact SERVPRO in Lufkin at 936-637-0404 and in Nacogcohes at 936-559-0404.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Our defensive cleaning program gives your business a way forward by providing your employees and customers ongoing safety and assuredness.
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Lufkin/ S. Nacogdoches County today at 936-559-0404 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
Calling SERVPRO is always better than using bleach
For better or worse, mold has been around for millions of years. It is an extremely resilient organism and designed for survival. Many homeowners believe that if they discover their home has mold, they can just spray it with bleach and be done. The problem is that if the mold is on a porous material like drywall, the chlorine in the bleach does not penetrate below the surface. The chlorine remains on the surface of the material while the water component of the bleach does penetrate the surface and actually can end up contributing to the growth of the mold. Additionally, bleach is toxic to humans as well as mold. It does not make much sense to add a poison into the atmosphere of your home.
When our highly trained crew arrives on site, we will set up barriers using 6ml plastic that will prevent the mold from spreading to other areas of your home while we perform a controlled and clean demolition of all the affected materials using engineered air flow and containment. If the affected material is porous, we will remove it so that the mold never get an opportunity to grow back in your home. All the while we will run HEPA filter air scrubbers to capture any spores that try to escape. SERVPRO technicians will also apply SERVPROXIDE a safe and effective EPA registered antimicrobial.
SERVPRO of Lufkin/S. Nacogdoches County knows how stressful a situation like residential mold growth can be and we work efficiently to ensure your mold treatment is hassle-free. Our mold removal products are designed to be environmentally-friendly.
SERVPRO of Lufkin/S. Nacogdoches County is locally owned and operated. Our experienced technicians can help you get back "Like it never even happened." Call us at (936)559-0404.
After Holiday Cleanup
Cleaning up after the holidays can be a lot of work, but it’s necessary work. You want to start your new year with a fresh clean house, and not a house full of messes caused by the holidays. Here are some suggested things to do to help clean up.
Clean Up After Guests:
- Give all the surfaces in your home a nice deep clean
- Wash all the linens
- Vacuum all your carpet (you could even call SERVPRO of Lufkin/ S. Nacogdoches County to clean your carpets!)
- Mop your floors
- Clean out your refrigerator. Once you’re done with the last of your leftovers, then clean and store your leftover containers.
If you have a natural Christmas tree, here are some tips on how to get tree sap spots out of of your home:
- If you get sap on your clothes, knit gloves or rugs, put some rubbing alcohol on the area and run it through the laundry with warm water. Repeat again if it all doesn’t come out.
Clean and Store Decorations:
- Make sure you have enough tote boxes, and appropriate boxes for all of your decorations.
- Throw out any broken lights or decorations. No sense of keeping broken stuff, it will help declutter things. (Unless the item is sentimental, of course.)
- If you have decorations for certain rooms in your home, make sure you label your boxes for what room they belong in. This will make decoration setup go much more smoothly next year.
Residential Spring Cleaning
Residential spring cleaning for this home owner includes removing year’s of nicotine buildup on ceilings and walls.
Ceilings and Walls
Ceiling and wall cleaning should be part of the cleaning maintenance of your home or business. You should also clean walls before painting so that the primer and paint can adhere properly. Whether you are preparing to paint or just looking for professional cleaning, SERVPRO of Lufkin/S. Nacogdoches County can help.
Ceilings and walls are exposed to dirt and dust, pet dander, cooking oils and grease, cigarette smoke, and other contaminants. Your heating and air conditioning system can distribute these contaminants throughout your property.
Using SERVPRO’s time-tested and industry-approved steps, along with our proprietary cleaning products and methods, we strive to restore your ceilings and walls without the need to repaint or refinish and to help the entire property smell fresh.
Need Professional Cleaning? Call Today 936-559-0404 in Nacogdoches and 936-637-0404 in Lufkin